Introducing: The launch of the interdisciplinary Pan-African annual conference at Bristol!!!
What is FACE: FACE [Forever Africa Conference and Events] is a Pan-African initiative brought together by staff and students at the University of Bristol. It has a goal-oriented, interdisciplinary, cross-sector, intergenerational, intercommunity, intercontinental vision to dialogue for the purpose of bringing change to the Pan-African community through knowledge cooperation.
The launch event will be dedicated to setting a Pan-African agenda for the next 12 months and beyond. We are interested in setting long- and short-term goals that involve the cooperation of communities, HE staff and students, professionals, NGOs, corporations, etc.
Date: 9th June
Venue: Carpenter Room | Richmond Building, University of Bristol | BS8 1LN | United Kingdom
Purpose: FACE is committed to the following aims and outcomes:
- Establishing and strengthening Pan-African staff and student links within the university, Bristol, nationally and internationally across research and education initiatives,
- Creating a programme of events and endeavours across the year focused on the Pan-African ideal. FACE recognises itself as part of marking the International Decade for People of African Descent, proclaimed by General Assembly resolution 68/237 and to be observed from 2015 to 2024.
- Establishing links with the black community in the city of Bristol,
- Pan-African networking,
- Fostering interdisciplinary research among researchers and encourage students to go into academia,
- Addressing the educational attainment gap,
- Addressing the relative lower employment rates of black students,
- Encouraging and supporting Pan-African cooperation, innovation and enterprise,
- Dialoguing and implementing solutions to Pan-African problems,
- Celebrating Pan-African identity.
Dress Code: Pan-African
Karl Brown [Clarke Willmott LLP; past president of Bristol business group Bristol Junior Chamber.]
Kofi Mawuli Klu [https://panafriindaba.wordpress.com/spearheadcrew/]
Dr Eghosa Ekhator, Law Lecturer, University of Chester
Sado Jirde, Director Black South West Network (BSWN)
- African Voices Forum [http://africanvoicesforum.org.uk/]
- University of Bristol Afro-Carribean Society
- University of Bristol Student Union BME Network
- UWE Bristol Africa Staff Network
We will also be launching the Innovation and Enterprise Award for students.
Tickets are free, but please book by the 1st of June so we can have an idea of numbers for catering.
- University of Bristol International Office
- University of Bristol Law School
A word from the Director of FACE, Dr Foluke Adebisi: https://folukeafrica.com/come-to-forever-africa-2018/
If you want to know more about the conference, email us at email@example.com.
Book your tickets here